Michael is a proven leader with over 10 years of consulting experience specializing in the areas of IT Audit and Data Analytics. As an Associate Director in the Protiviti Toronto office, he plays a hands on leadership role in the IT Audit practice providing oversight over multiple concurrent engagements, while building client relationships. He brings a unique blend of an accounting and business background coupled with a deep understanding of key IT and Cybersecurity risk areas delivering meaningful value add recommendations to clients. He is also a strong proponent and experienced in the area of leveraging data analytics techniques in Internal Audit reviews to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of testing. This also includes assisting clients develop automated routines and analysis to make sense of the large amount of data they already have to deliver powerful insights and improved decision making.
Michael regularly conducts speaking engagements and workshops on the topics of Leveraging Data Analytics in Internal Audit and Cybersecurity Auditing to share his client success stories, best practices and experiences, which have been well-received.
Key areas of focus include:
• IT Internal Audit and compliance reviews including Cybersecurity, Sarbanes–Oxley (SOX), NI 52-109 and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS);
• Leveraging Data Analytics in Internal Audit using tools such as Tableau, SQL, and ACL Analytics;
• Data Governance Program Reviews;
• Pre and Post ERP System Implementation Reviews (PeopleSoft, Hyperion, NetSuite and SAP);
• Vendor Security Assessments; and
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Program Development and Review.