Call for Proposals
The team at Prevent Child Abuse America (PCA America) is incredibly excited to greet each one of you in-person this August 22 – 24, 2023 in Baltimore, Maryland at the Together for Prevention: 2023 Prevent Child Abuse America National Conference. We are bringing together our state chapter and Healthy Families America home visiting networks, policy and community partners, and other prevention collaborators to attend over 40 workshops, symposia, and cutting-edge research presentations that advance the message of prevention and help families across the nation reach their full potential and thrive. For more information visit preventchildabuse.org/conference2023/.
The Together for Prevention: 2023 Prevent Child Abuse America National Conference Call for Proposals open February 6, 2023! Please complete and submit the form by
March 15, 2023 to be considered. Deadline has been extended to March 31, 2023!
Type of Sessions:
- Group Discussions (45 minutes): A presentation with multiple presenters (no more than three per session). This can be a group of papers/presentations on a particular topic (symposium) or an engaging Q&A sharing information on a relevant topic (panel).
- Individual Paper (20 minutes): An individual, shorter session focused on presenting findings or showcasing innovative work. Presentations will be grouped with other similar topics.
- Workshop (45 minutes): A presentation that actively engages attendees (e.g., skills training) through individual or group presentation. No more than three presenters are permitted for these sessions.
2/6/23: Call for Proposals Open
EXTENDED 3/31/23: Call for Proposals Due
5/15/23: Selected Presenter(s) Contacted
5/26/23: Selected Presenter(s) Confirmed
6/20/23: Tentative Program Shared
The deadline for submitting proposals is March 31, 2023, at 11:59pm CT. Submission received after this date will not be accepted.
Proposals will be reviewed by PCA America’s National Conference Selection Committee.
- Number of Submissions: It is expected that each person will submit no more than three (3) proposals, either individually or as part of any group of presenters.
- Registration: All accepted presenters are responsible for registering for the conference, paying the conference registration fee, and securing and paying for travel and lodging.
- Audiovisual Information: Standard audiovisual equipment and setup will be provided, including a screen, LCD projector, stand, and microphone, if needed. Any additional AV equipment is at the presenter’s expense.
If you are submitting a proposal, please refrain from submitting your information via our registration portal until you hear back from PCA America about your proposal. The lead presenter on selected sessions will receive a code for discounted registration of $100. Additional presenters are required to pay full price. Those who submitted proposals but are not selected will be eligible for Early Bird pricing ($575), even after April 28th.
Prevent Child Abuse America is committed to equity and social justice in our work. We recognize the need to consistently reflect on our understanding of the challenges posed by inequity in our communities. Our goal is to continually dedicate resources and implement changes in an equitable manner by providing all children and families with equal opportunity for healthy growth and development and allow all families to thrive. Presenters are expected to consider the implications of their work for promoting equity and social justice.